As a former advisor, I can’t remember a time when I did not feel awkward about soliciting clients to make referrals. I found its easier if you do something, something valuable and surprising, that causes them to say “Wow!” so they talk about you whenever the investment topic came up with their associates/friends.
You have to do out-of-the-ordinary things for your clients at various times of the year to let them know how important they are to you. We do it for our loved ones all the time, so why not for clients?
Idea: In the summer, activity in our industry tends to slow down. So what can you do to keep your referral funnel going?
What if you could offer clients a foursome (theirs, not yours) whenever you like, so they can play golf, without feeling like you have to be there? No golf club membership required, and no additional greens fees.
The other day, I was talking to Golf Hunter’s (Golf Hunter, Inc.) Founder and CEO, Sean Manias, whose company (now in its 5th season) provides an intelligently crafted corporate golf membership boasting a fully transferable foursome of golf to over 25 courses in Ontario.
It’s a pretty simple offering — you get about $60,000 (one tee time every day for the entire season!) of golf for a fraction of the price. You pick a home course where 75% of games will be played and you’re provided certificates for the remaining 25% non-home courses.
Also, the membership can be split any way you like, e.g. you can split a membership between 4 advisors (about $3,000 each); that would provide each advisor with roughly 7 foursomes/tee times each month.
In the midst of our conversation, I realized that this could be a smart way to reward your clients, get their valuable publicity and generate goodwill for you. Real goodwill. By the way, you can also use it to reward your team, and even your branch manager.
Take it or leave it. It could be a pretty nifty way to give a lot for a little.
Read more: http://advisoranalyst.com/advisor/#ixzz1rqIT8Oz4